Sunday, November 15, 2009

House Red

I never preferred red wine. I didn't like how it taste and how it smelled. But a week ago, at a celebration, I was given a choice between red wine and Tiger Beer. If I didn't like red wine, I didn't like Tiger Beer more. I could actually order a different drink but I would be like the odd man out. So, I chose the wine.

I guess we will always find ourselves in a situation where you have to make a choice between the things you never really liked. And the best approach to take is to choose the lesser evil (like in the upcoming Presidential elections). And our decisions and choices might surprise us. It might lead us to things we never really thought we would be able to appreciate. We might actually enjoy it.


At the end the evening it was never really about how I managed to drink 3 glasses of something I never liked. But how I enjoyed every moment of it because of the people I'm celebrating with. Because of the memories we are weaving. Because of the wonderful evening we are having. Because of the stars that are shining on our happy faces...


No comments: