Monday, January 18, 2010

27 Years Gone

I remember the big house
Big for someone as small as I was
Peeking in the staircase
At a Dad I barely recognized
With toys to lure me
And hugs to keep me safe
Kindergarten years came next
Walking home with a crying sister
Red ribbons and dance steps
Marching and singing
I remember being brought to parks
To inhale the early morning breeze
Provinces with boats 
Trains and motorcycles
The loss that came too soon
Until now heís my star
My moon
I remember a childhood
Running around the streets
Playing tag with other kids
Being chased by a dog
In the afternoon summer sun
Being tickled by my cousins
And sharing frozen Funwich
The teen yearís was not all bad
Goody-two-shoes I was
I remember the University years
Booze, books and cigarettes
Broken hearts and hangovers
Guitar, roses, stars
Poems, Feb Fair and nights out
Real world came at last
One job after another
As life is getting harder
Learned to accept itíll be a lot tougher
...
The sun starts to set
27 years are now gone



No comments: