Friday, August 1, 2008

where are the stars?

When I initially arrived here in Singapore one of the things I noticed is the evening sky without the stars. At first I thought may be it’s going to rain, hence the lack of it. But days passed and still none. I guess we’re located in an area where the clouds are too thick and always covered them.

This saddens me because I like looking at them. And I know this is going to sound peculiar but I like talking to them – I tell them when I’m happy and frustrated, when I feel proud or insignificant. I tell them the secrets I dare not share with a living soul. I always believe they’re our loved ones who are no longer with us but will always look after us (sounds like Simba and Mustafa huh?), hence, my comfort and relief in their existence.

Their absence, especially on this night, distresses me...

No comments: