Sunday, October 11, 2009

I don't like me happy

I never really liked me when I'm happy and hopeful. I feel like sooner or later something's gonna go wrong or things are going to break. That's me, a pessimistic, worrier lass. I know it's probably one of the reasons why I'm such a serious person and unable to enjoy the happy moments life and destiny has provided me. At times I wish that I could change me. But sometimes I feel that that specific characteristic keeps me from getting hurt. So now I have to choose between being too happy or possibly getting disappointed...

I hate me happy and giddy
Because of what I feel it says
I shouldn't feel ecstatic
For the things that was never said
I must not read between the lines
It may mean something else
But for now I'll stay lightheaded
At least until tonight
I'll crush my own hopes tomorrow
At the first sign of light

11Oct2009 1:08pm


No comments: