Saturday, October 24, 2009

A Sad Question

How are you?

I'm good , fine, great or ok is the usual response. Well, those are the expected response. But what if that is not what you feel? What if you're feeling the exact opposite? Do you lie or do you tell them the truth? Do they even really mean it when they ask you that question or are they just being polite?

'Cause there are times when you just want to blurt out that you're not fine, in fact, you're feeling so awful that you want to disappear. And you don't want to lie anymore. You want to put down the stupid mask and end the happy facade that's beginning to tire you out. But you can't and you won't.

So next time I get asked this question, I might as well tell them the truth and respond with a smile "I feel like jumping in a pool".

By the way, I don't know how to swim...

No comments: