Monday, May 24, 2010

Overwhelmingly Home

I'm back home. I've been here a few days already and now I'm dreading the end of my vacation. It's hot back here. I don't mind though. Our family's laughter (amidst the tears) is enough to compensate for the weather. My nieces telling me how pretty I am brings smile to my insecure heart. The twins' playful (and sometimes naughty) demeanor melts me. The kids' innocence touches me. My mom's voice soothes me. I'm overwhelmed. It's the kind of overwhelming that I like.

I still asks myself why. 
I still came up blank. 
Do I need a reason to stay?
Or maybe a reason to go back?

I still haven't seen any stars since I got here... Can you take me to where I can see them?



1 comment:

kong-chu said...

i think one of the reasons why you are also overwhelmed being home is because you were gone form home... :)

Being away makes you appreciative of the little things back home, forgiving of the things you would normally complain about if you are just back in Manila (i.e. yung init)

end of the day, you are blessed, my dear... you are blessed to have an opportunity that many people want, and even more blessed because you have a place you call home. :)