Monday, May 24, 2010

Q&A et al.

My SG based friends labeled me as a "cheap and low maintenance date" mainly because when we pay the food bill, I usually pay the least because of the quantity of the food or the type of dish I ordered.

I had my hair permed! Upside: I only need to comb it twice a day. Downside: I can only comb it twice a day.

The first time a friend of mine saw me with my permed hair she said "You look nice with your hair permed. But I like it better when it's straight." - We both laughed at what she just said. Tact was not really her thing.

Whenever I got asked "Kamusta na?" I would usually answer "Eto, buhay pa humihinga." I don't remember when I started giving that answer, but it became my generic response. Come to think of it, it doesn't really sound positive does it?

I was asked if I'm happy. I guess the fact that it took me a while to answer is already a give away. I remember that I was asked the same question a couple of years back and my exact answer was "My happiness and contentment lies in the happiness of the people I love and care about. As long as they're happy, then so am I."  This still holds true. Hmmm... I think I need someone who is constantly happy - good luck with that!

I was told to "move on". How can someone who was never really stuck move on?

My 13 year old niece asked me if I have a boyfriend. I told her no, I don't. Then she asked "You're pretty and you don't have a boyfriend?" I'm not entirely sure how to answer nor interpret that one. I just find it really really funny...


1 comment:

Janine JM Japs Nini Jamy said...

Haven't opened this blog for a while. I didn't realise that you're back home. Come to think of it, I was planning to call you the other day.

Nakz, permed? Is your hair long enough na? Wanna see wanna see!

If someone asks you, how are you? Just tell them "Good". That's how it is here. I tried answering differently like say what I really felt, but that person end up replying back "You could have said that you're good and that's it"

Does it make sense?