Monday, July 21, 2008

i love books!!!

Yes, I am one of those people who could spend all day reading a book. I am not a nerd (I admit, at some point in my life I was) but I just love to be engaged in a really good book. I’ve had my Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings (yes, I did manage to read through the old English language of the book) phases. My dream home includes a library (I would also settle for plenty of bookshelves) to house the books I bought and I intend to buy (and I have a few more on my mind). I am now on my 7th Jodi Picoult novel and I’m still enjoying her works.

I listed down a few of my favorite reads (highly recommended by me!)

A Million Little Pieces by James Frey

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
The 5 people you meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (if you’re not fan of classic novels then you can pass on this one)

I still have 4 unread books on my shelf which I hope will last until I my next trip to Powerbooks (Manila). Books here in Singapore are more expensive, but good thing I still have my Border’s S$50 voucher, hmmm, makes me think of my next book to purchase. =)

P.S.
If you’re a book enthusiast, you may want to check out the
Time Magazine’s All Time 100 Novels.

No comments: