Sunday, December 27, 2009

Climb On!

A Happy Happy Christmas to all!!!

It's my 3rd consecutive Christmas here in Singapore. Although my Christmas could've been happier if I were in the Philippines with my family, celebrating it here wasn't that bad. After the anticipated Christmas mass, me, my sister and our friend/housemate had a quick dinner and went straight to Paulaners to meet another friend and had a few drinks while waiting for Christmas to come. Good thing the bar was giving away different hats for the celebration and we were fortunate enough to get the cool ones! =D

Christmas Day - we had Japanese Christmas lunch at Sakae Sushi and watched Avatar in 3D which was worth every penny. We didn't even notice how long the movie was because James Cameron made those 3 hours worthwhile. Kudos to him for making such a spectacular film that will definitely be another historical achievement for Hollywood!

Saturday was the rest day for us and I get to finish another book. Finally! After procrastinating reading for a while, I decided to go through my stack of unread books and pull out Freakonomics which was interesting and was something new for me since I'm mostly into novels. I have picked out another novel to read and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it before 2009 ends.

Today was the highlight of my Christmas weekend as I attended the Level 1 Climbing workshop!!! A feat for me considering that I was never a big fan of such type of activities. I mean, I appreciate it and watch other people enjoy it, but I never entertained the thought of me actually doing the climbing. Hehehe. It was something new for me and I'm actually liking it. I didn't came out of it unscathed though - I got a bruise an inch and a half in diameter in my left leg. Tsk tsk tsk... And to top it off, my right wrist hurts, I might have sprained it, I might not have. Regardless, I enjoyed it! And the best thing was, I am now Level 1 certified (am not sure that's the right term). Yipee! And we got 2 days free climbing pass just for passing the course, another Yipee!

Finally, to add icing to my long Christmas weekend, I am on leave from work tomorrow. =D

This may not be the best Christmas, but I'm very thankful that the Birthday Celebrant made sure it will be a good one! Thanks Bro! and Happy Happy (belated) Birthday!!!



No comments: