Friday, September 18, 2009

Monkey Bars

I only played with it twice. The first time was way way back, grade school days. I was with my mom and sister at a playground beside a small grocery store we frequented. I actually was scared of trying it because I'm afraid that my arms won't be able to carry my own weight. But nevertheless, I dared myself to do it. I was halfway through when a boy stumped me by running in front as I was about to move on to the next bar. Needless to say, I accidentally let go, and fell - on my butt. It did hurt. I guess at that time it really really hurt. I managed not to cry but I also told myself that I'd never ever ever try it again. I don't want to be in such pain and be humiliated in front of other kids. After almost 2 decades since that incident, I tried the monkey bars again. I was this time with friends strolling along a park near their place. There were trampouline, see-saw, monkey bars and other stuff. We were kids once again - wiser, stronger and braver kids. So I tried the monkey bars a second time. And finally, after a few minutes of excruciating pain in my arms (man, was I heavy), I was able to get through the other side with a big smile on my face. =)

There are a lot things I told myself I'd never do again. But I guess, when the time is right, when I'm ready and prepared, I'll probably try them all again a second time.




No comments: