Thursday, September 24, 2009

Staying Put

I went to see the doctor today,. Well, I got a bit scared since my stubbed toe still hasn't healed. I went to the clinic one bus stop from our Client's so that I can go straight to work after. However, after the doctor checked my toe, I was advised to take the day off and rest my foot or prop it on a pillow.

The problem is, once I got home, I can't seem to stay still. The idea of just lying down and not do anything but read a book seems so foreign to me now. So, instead, I did some house chores and cooked. I only managed to stay put at around 4 in the afternoon. I now understand why Mom cannot seem to stop doing things or moving around the house, and I appreciate her even more now for that. I miss her...

I still want those days back though. The days when I won't and don't feel guilty just because I spent over an hour lying down or watching or basically didn't do anything. I think I'm too young to stop appreciating and enjoying the silence and peace of just staying put.


No comments: